- Will Keiko ever be free? Marine Mammal Institute offer captives hope (Paul G. Irwin)
- At Risk: sea turtles
- Wildlife rehabilitation training center opens (Richard H. Farinato)
- Students' concerns triumph: alternatives to classroom dissection offered (Jonathan Balcombe, Ph.D.)
- House cuts mink subsidy: market promotion program targeted (Wayne Pacelle)
- A Congressional howl: legislators urge USDA to act on puppy mills (Rachel A. Lamb)
- Earth Charter moves forward: conferees consider draft of UN-bound document (Angela O. Harkavy, M.A.)
- State legislatures take action: myriad bills address animal protection (Ann Church)
- Victories for good bills, defeats for bad ones
- New chapter in Iditarod saga: two dogs die in 1995's long-distance race (Leslie Isom)
- Fad news is bad news: the sad story of wild and exotic pets (Richard H. Farinato and Rachel A. Lamb)
- Animal protection and the medical community
- Trophy of death: an HSUS report reveals a startling increase in trophy hunting: endangered and threatened species are among the victims (Teresa M. Telecky, Ph.D., and Doris Lin)
- HSI United States: good laws doomed?
- GATT: blueprint for world trade
- What laws are at risk?
- HSI Canada: a high seas showdown
- HSI Canada: crackdown in British Columbia (Michael O'Sullivan)
- HSI Australia: platypuses stay home (Michael Kennedy)
- Saving what we visit (Jan A. Hartke)
- Eyes of the Earth focus local effort (John A. Hoyt)
- Tourism: the world's biggest industry
- Sustainable energy (J. Flynn Bucy, Ph.D.)
"HSUS NEWS Volume 40, Number 04" (1995). [1989 - 1999] HSUS News. 32.