- The last will and testament of an extremely distinguished dog (John A. Hoyt)
- Stern and embarrassed
- Texas alternative
- Pound-seizure "blues"
- Programmed to win
- Cross this toy off your holiday gift list!
- Carson criticizes fur fashion
- The HSUS 1985 Annual Conference: A Life-style for the 80's
- 1985 Resolutions
- Veterinarians speak with a new voice for animal rights
- "Pet Action Line" now on commercial television stations
- "Living With Animals" replaces "Pet Action Line" on PBS
- Fall actions see trapping's downfall
- Wildlife nongame check-off programs: are they working? (John W. Grandy and Guy R. Hodge)
- Vicious dogs: communities, humane societies, and owners struggle with a growing problem (Dr. Randall Lockwood)
- Pennsylvania Head-Injury Lab, under fire, is closed indefinitely
- EEC keeps its doors closed to seal pup products
- U.S. scientist backs away from Icelandic whaling research
- PETS program sets sights on objectives
- NAAHE completes a busy fall workshop schedule
- Institute publishes second annual volume
- NIH animal-protection provisions hurdle veto, become law
- Special thanks
- Encouraging news for the endangered
- More maneuverings for wild horses
- "Farm Bill" would help lab animals
- Pickup proposals
- Fund-raising fun
- Dantzler advises in Illinois
- Oklahoma "networks"
- Decompression campaign pays off
- Field notes
- The real, cruel thing
- Ferret problems
- "Critter Car" comes to N.Y.
- Dog racing proposal draws criticism
- Testifying against "pound seizure"
- A day on dogfighting
- New coordinator named
- Putting what they learned to good use
- Support needed
- Seizure the issue
- Beware of breeding/lease/purchase contracts
- Michigan dove hunt stopped
- Lackawanna Clinic suit progresses
"HS NEWS Volume 31, Number 01" (1986). The Humane Society News. 44.