- James Herriot Award (John A. Hoyt)
- Magazine of the Year
- Fur is for death?
- Why not settle for skiing?
- Standing up to be counted
- Beyond the genetic threshold
- Africa bound
- Return of the Roman Circus?
- "Reason for surrender" : a shelter worker behind the receiving counter faces a bewildering, often frustrating, litany of explanations from pet owners giving up their companion animals (Steve Grunow)
- State--subsidized spaying and neutering: taking a giant step forward in New Jersey (Ann Church)
- A magical place called Earth (Edward S. Duvin)
- HSUS hog, hen campaign gets a great start!
- Joan R. Blue
- Viewers talk back to "Living With Animals"
- Hearings, reports, press conferences promote conflicting views of seal populations
- When your pet can't go along: leaving our dog or cat in the care of a boarding kennel, pet sitter, or veterinarian may be the best way to enjoy a worry-free trip (Dr. Randall Lockwood and Deborah Salem)
- Asking others to empathize with animals (Dr. Michael W. Fox)
- NIH's chimpanzee-breeding program: bad news for primates
- Suffolk County: anatomy of a victory (Dr. John W. Grandy)
- "Dear NAAHE ... "
- Institute hails veal crate ban in Great Britain
- Getting the drift
- The budget's bad news
- Keeping Ozarks trap-free
- Kangaroo clamor
- Wildlife watch
- Keeping the heat on pound seizure
- No refuge
- Project WILD fails
- Zoo scheduled to close
- Puppy mill closed
- Workshops past and present
- Georgia advances
- Hearing in Hillsborough
- Keeping watch
- "Anger and sorrow"
- Swamped, chapter thirteen
- Staving off 1080
- Uniting against fighting
- Trapped in Texas?
- We can help?
- To protect the mountain lions
- Past and present
- Speaking up
- Brought to justice
- Fight no more
- No drugs and live lures!
- Cruel racket
- Getting together to oppose bunching
- Tracking thefts
- HUD issues final Pets-in-Housing rules
- Whose National Forest?
- Turtle-ban enforcement intensifies
"HS NEWS Volume 32, Number 02" (1987). [1975 - 1988] The Humane Society News. 39.