- President's Perspective: The consequence of the means (John A. Hoyt)
- Otter alert
- Five tons of walrus ivory taken in raid
- If you can't beat 'em
- Doggone good!
- It's lonely at the top
- The perils of the Southern Sea Otter (Margaret Owings)
- Spreading the word: HSUS regularly send out news releases about pet problems
- Draize update (Pat Clagett)
- Animal photography contest winners 1980
- It takes a gentle hand: we hope it will be different someday, but while human ignorance and irresponsibility make death the only humane alternative for millions of unwanted dogs and cats, what about the people who actually have to perform euthanasia? (Susan Bury Stauffer)
- Animals under the big top: for all the glitter in the center ring, a circus animal lives a life of tribulation (Jeanne Roush)
- Who pays the bill for hunting?
- Fact sheet on seal hunts
- Dog eating
- Animal fighting seminars
- Dog "Slave Market"
- Humane Education course
- Exotic animals
- New office opens
- Great Swamp
- Budget cuts in Maine
- Euthanasia method change
- Dog sled racing
- Education workshop
- Dogfighting update
- Mourning doves
- New legislation
- Marine Mammal Protection Act
- Red Alert for HSUS members!
- Convictions result in unique sentences
- Animal Fighting suit dismissed; appeal planned
- Agriculture Department moves into 20th Century
"HS NEWS Volume 26, Number 02" (1981). [1975 - 1988] The Humane Society News. 23.