- Thou canst not stir a flower without troubling a star. -- Francis Thompson
- NAAHE Editorial -- A year for productive partnerships (Kathy Savesky)
- From 'Ick' to Interesting: building an awareness of and appreciation (Vicki Parker)
- Caring about the curious and creepy creatures -- a mini unit on appreciating traditionally maligned animals (Lorraine P. Holden)
- NAAHE News -- NAAHE welcomes new staff
- Clip Art
- A special symposium looks at empathy, animals, and education -- Can Love Be Taught? (Kathy Savesky)
- A look at humane education summer camps (Patty Finch)
- Research in Review -- Do we act the way we feel? A look at the relationship between attitudes and behavior (Bill DeRosa)
- People & Animals -- Conquering animal stereotypes
- Places to go; People to see; Things to do -- Celebrating Be Kind to Animals Week (Lorraine P. Holden)
- Film Reviews (Argus Archives)
- What is a Picture Worth? -- A home or a toy?
"Humane Education Volume 08, Number 01" (1984). Humane Education. 7.